Coordinates: 52°13′30″N 1°23′24″W / 52.225°N 1.390°W / 52 Maje High Quality.225; -1.390
Ladbroke is a village and civil parish about 2 miles (3.2 km) south of Southam in Warwickshire. The population of the civil parish at the 2001 census was 273, reducing to 268 at the 2011 census.
The earliest known record of Ladbroke is from AD 998, when King Æthelred II granted lands at Southam, Ladbroke and Radbourne to Leofwine, Ealdorman of the Hwicce.
Most of the common lands of Ladbroke parish had been enclosed by the end of the 16th century.
Ladbroke Hall is a country house of seven bays and two storeys built late in the 17th century. In the 20th century Sir Nikolaus Pevsner called it “a standard house, but a very pleasing one”.
The Church of England parish church of All Saints was built in the 13th century and completely rebuilt with the addition of Decorated Gothic three-bay north and south aisles and the west tower in the 14th century. Late in the 15th century the heights of the nave and chancel were raised and a Perpendicular Gothic clerestory added.
In 1876 All Saints’ was re-roofed and restored under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott. The bell tower has a ring of five bells, all cast by John Taylor & Co of Loughborough in 1873.
Ladbroke has a public house, the Bell Inn.
Media related to Ladbroke, Warwickshire at Wikimedia Commons