Tag Archives: hydration bag for running

Dave Creedon

David “Dave” Creedon (1 August 1919 – 11 March 2007) was an Irish hurler and Gaelic footballer whose league and championship career with the Cork senior team spanned seventeen years from 1938 to 1955.

Born near Blackpool in Cork, Creedon first played competitive hurling during his schooling at the North Monastery. He subsequently joined the Glen Rovers senior team and, in a club career that spanned three decades, he won nine county senior championship medals, serving as captain of the team on one occasion. As a Gaelic footballer with the Glen’s sister club, St. Nicholas’, Creedon also won three county senior championship medals. He finished his club career with Nemo Rangers.

Creedon made his debut on the inter-county scene at the age of sixteen when he was picked on the Cork minor panel. After two unsuccessful years in this grade, he was later added to the Cork junior team. A two-time Munster medal winner in this grade, he also won one All-Ireland medal. Creedon was added to the Cork senior panel in 1938. Over the course of the next ten years he remained as understudy to Tom Mulcahy, however, he did win his first All-Ireland medal in 1946. After retiring from inter-county hurling in 1949, Creedon was coaxed back to the Cork team in 1952. He went on to win a further three All-Ireland medals in-a-row between 1952 and 1954

Brazil Away RONALDINHO 10 Jerseys

Brazil Away RONALDINHO 10 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. Creedon also won five Munster medals and one National Hurling League medal. He played his last game for Cork in June 1955.

In retirement from playing Creedon served as an administrative officer and as a selector with Glen Rovers.

Creedon first enjoyed success as a member of the Glen Rovers minor team. He won back-to-back county championship medals in 1933 and 1934, before later being added to the Glen Rovers senior panel. In 1940 he took over from Mick Casey as first-choice goalkeeper, as the Glen qualified for a seventh successive county championship final against Sarsfields. A remarkable feature of the game was the scoring of seventeen goals which remains a record for a county final. Charlie Tobin scored six of those goals as Glen Rovers secured a 10-6 to 7-5 victory. It was Creedon’s first county senior championship medal.

Glen Rovers continued their remarkable run of success in 1941 by qualifying for an eight successive championship decider. A Willie “Long Puck” Murphy-inspired Ballincollig provided the opposition hydration bag for running, however, they were completely outplayed. The Glen recorded a 4-7 to 2-2 victory, setting the all-time record of eight championship titles in succession. It was Creedon’s second successive winners’ medal.

Nine-in-a-row proved beyond Glen Rovers as Ballincollig exacted their revenge in the semi-final of the 1942 championship. After a season of reorganisation, which saw the introduction of nine new players to the team, Glen Rovers reached the 1944 championship final where they faced reigning champions and three-in-a-row hopefuls St. Finbarr’s. The game started at a furious pace and inside a minute Denis Leahy had the ball in the St. Finbarr’s net. This lead was increased to 2-3 after 27 minutes. “The Barrs” replied with a goal and at half time the Glen led by 4-3 to 1-0. A St. Finbarr’s goal at the three-quarter mark was immediately cancelled out by an own goal, however, the final quarter was fought out score for score. At the final whistle Glen Rovers were the champions by 5-7 to 3-3 and Creedon had collected his third championship medal.

Divisional side Carrigdhoun provided the opposition as Glen Rovers reached the 1945 championship final in search of their tenth title. In what was probably the most exciting decider in which the club had been involved in so far, the Glen were five goals ahead after 25 minutes having played with a gale force wind, however, Carrigdhoun fought back to reduce the arrears and set up an exciting finish. Lyons was single dout for praise at full-back as Glen Rovers retained the championship title following a 4-10 to 5-3 victory.

After defeat by St. Finbarr’s in the 1946 championship final, Glen Rovers saw a number of changes to the team when they next contested the decider in 1948. Retirement and emigration and forced a number of changes, however, Creedon remained in goal. Glen veterans Jack Lynch and Johnny Quirke were to the fore in securing the double scores 5-7 to 3-2 victory over roll of honour leaders Blackrock.

Glen Rovers were presented with their chance of retaining their title when they faced divisional side Imokilly in the 1949 championship decider. On a day of incessant rain, the game was described as one of the best of the year. Donie Twomey and Jack Lynch were the stars of the team as they bagged 5-2 between them. Christy Ring scored the Glen’s sixth goal of the game to secure the 6-5 to 0-14 victory. It was a sixth medal for Creedon, who also had the honour of lifting the Seán Óg Murphy Cup as captain.

Southside rivals St. Finbarr’s were the opponents as Glen Rovers were determined to make it three titles in-a-row in the 1950 championship final. St. Finbarr’s had the advantage of a very strong breeze in the first half and mounted attack after attack on the Glen goal but failed to raise the green flag. The Glen backs gave one of the finest displays of defensive hurling ever seen in the championship and kept the southsiders tally for the first half to 0-4. “The Barrs” added just one further point to their tally after the interval. The 2-8 to 0-5 victory secured a third successive championship title for the club and a seventh winners’ medal for Creedon.

Sarsfields ended the Glen’s hopes of four-in-a-row in 1951, while defeat in the first round of 1952 looked like heralding a fallow period. The club returned stronger than ever when they qualified for the 1953 championship final where they faced Sarsfields once again. After a slow start Glen Rovers gave an exhibition of hurling all over the field, with Creedon, John Lyons, Seán French and Seán O’Brien proving impregnable in defence. The 8-5 to 4-3 victory secured his eighth championship medal.

In 1954 Glen Rovers reached their 17th championship final in twenty years. Blackrock fielded a young team, however, Glen Rovers had eight inter-county players on their team running storage belt. In spite of this, Blackrock stood up to the champions and the result remained in doubt to the end. A 3-7 to 3-2 victory secured an eighth and final championship medal for Creedon.

Creedon played with the Cork minor hurling team in the mid-1940s. He was a member of the senior panel when Cork won the Munster Championship in 1947, however, he had yet to make his own championship debut. He won his first All-Ireland medal when he was sub goalkeeper in the 1946 final. In 1952 Creedon came out of retirement at the age of 33 to become the first-choice goalkeeper on the Cork senior hurling team. It proved to be an excellent decision as he won his first Munster title that year before later defeating Dublin to claim his first All-Ireland medal

New York City Football Club Away DAVID VILLA 7 Jerseys

New York City Football Club Away DAVID VILLA 7 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. 1953 began well for Creedon when he won his first National Hurling League title. Later that year he won his second consecutive Munster medal as well as a second consecutive All-Ireland medal following an ill-tempered win over Galway. In 1954 Creedon made it a hat-trick of Munster and All-Ireland medals as a defeat of Wexford gave the team its third All-Ireland title in-a-row. In 1955 Cork were defeated by Clare in the first round of the championship. Creedon subsequently retired from inter-county hurling.

Partial Reference: Inter-County SHC Results and Teams. Information from Peter Devine. Accessed 17 July 2010.

Partial Reference: Inter-County SHC Results and Teams. Information from Peter Devine. Accessed 17 July 2010.

Partial Reference: Inter-County SHC Results and Teams. Information from Peter Devine. Accessed 17 July 2010.

Partial Reference: Inter-County SHC Results and Teams. Information from Peter Devine. Accessed 17 July 2010.

Brenner (Gemeinde)

Brenner ([ˈbrɛnɐ]; italienisch Brennero) ist eine Gemeinde mit 2187 Einwohnern (Stand 31. Dezember 2015) in Nord-Italien. Der Ort gehört zu Südtirol und liegt an der Grenze zum österreichischen Bundesland Tirol. Hauptort der Gemeinde ist Gossensaß; zudem gehören die Fraktionen Pflersch, Brennerbad, Pontigl sowie die Siedlung auf dem namensgebenden Brennerpass zum Gemeindegebiet.

Die Gemeinde Brenner befindet sich im äußersten Norden Italiens und Südtirols an der Grenze zum österreichischen Nordtirol. Das Gemeindegebiet mit seiner Gesamtfläche von 114,30 km² lässt sich in zwei annähernd gleich große Teile gliedern: einen Abschnitt des Wipptals auf der Südseite des Brennerpasses (1370 m s.l.m.) und das Pflerschtal mit den jeweils umliegenden Berggebieten.

Der Hauptort der Gemeinde, Gossensaß (1060–1130 m), liegt im Wipptal an der Einmündung des von Westen kommenden Pflerschtals – nahe der südlichen Nachbarstadt Sterzing. Oberhalb von Gossensaß erstreckt sich die Fraktion Giggelberg. Hier beginnt in nordöstliche Richtung die letzte Steigung zum Brennerpass, das den Südtiroler vom Nordtiroler Teil des Wipptals trennt. In diesem engen Talabschnitt befinden sich die Ortschaft Giggelberg sowie die beiden Fraktionen Pontigl und Brennerbad. Die Passhöhe selbst bietet dem hauptsächlich zur Gemeinde Brenner gehörenden Passdorf Platz und trägt zudem die Grenze zur österreichischen Nachbargemeinde Gries am Brenner. Das bei Gossensaß nach Westen abzweigende Pflerschtal schließlich beinhaltet die Fraktion Pflersch.

Die beiden Haupttäler des Gemeindegebiets werden von Hochgebirgsregionen eingerahmt hydration bag for running. Die Berge westlich des Wipptals werden zu den Stubaier Alpen gezählt, jene östlich des Wipptals zu den Zillertaler Alpen. Der Gebirgszug, der vom Brennerpass nach Westen streicht und die nördliche Gemeinde- und somit Staatsgrenze bildet, ist Teil des Alpenhauptkamms. Der Kamm ist auf seiner ersten Wegstrecke, wo er im Norden ins Obernbergtal abfällt und sich unter anderem der Sattelberg (2113 m) erhebt, relativ sanft ausgeprägt, gewinnt jedoch nach Westen zu den Tribulaunen hin deutlich an Höhe; der Abschnitt, der das Pflerscher Tal im Süden vom Gschnitztal im Norden trennt, trägt unter anderem die Schwarze Wand (2917 m), den Gschnitzer Tribulaun (2946 m), den Pflerscher Tribulaun (3097 m), das Goldkappl ( Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Away ILLARRA 24 Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Away ILLARRA 24 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

;”>2793 m), den Pflerscher Pinggl (2767 m), den Hohen Zahn (2924 m), die Weißwandspitze (3017 m) und die Schneespitze (3178 m), bevor die Gemeinde Brenner am Feuerstein (3268 m) ihren höchsten und westlichsten Punkt erreicht. Am Feuerstein zweigt ein Seitenkamm (Aggls-Rosskopf-Kamm) ab, der das Pflerschtal auf seiner Südseite zum Ridnauntal hin abschirmt. Die bedeutendsten Gipfel des Abschnitts, der die Grenze zwischen den Gemeinden Brenner und Ratschings bildet, sind die Agglsspitze (3196 m), die Wetterspitze (2706 m) und die Telfer Weißen (2588 m). Die östliche Begrenzung des Gemeindegebiets zu Pfitsch hin bildet der Tuxer Kamm der Zillertaler Alpen, der auf der Ostseite des Wipptals aufragt. Zu den höchsten Erhebungen dieser Kette, in der das Schlüsseljoch (2212 m) einen Übergang ins Pfitscher Tal bildet, zählen der Wolfendorn (2776 m), die Flatschspitze (2570 m), die Rollspitze (2776 m) und das Hühnerspiel (2790 m).

Die bedeutendsten Gewässer der Gemeinde Brenner sind der am Brennerpass entspringende Eisack und der Pflerscher Bach, die bei Gossensaß aufeinandertreffen. Über dem Pflerscher Talschluss befinden sich zudem mehrere kleinere Bergseen, darunter der Sandessee (2370 m), die zwei Stubenseen (2399 m und 2649 m) und der Grünsee (1999 m).

Der Brennerpass wurde nachweislich seit der Bronzezeit begangen, der Brennerraum um 1000 n. Chr. dauerhaft besiedelt. Um 1400 wurde auch das Brennerbad erstmals urkundlich erwähnt, welches an einer alkalisch eisenhaltigen Thermalquelle errichtet wurde. Durch Zerstörungen infolge von Muren und Lawinen wurde der Betrieb 150 Jahre später aufgelassen. 1607 wurde die Quelle reaktiviert und Zacharias Geizkofler stiftete zwei Badehäuser und eine Kapelle. Erst mit der Anbindung an die Brennerbahn 1869 wurde auch das Badhaus technisiert.

1867 wurde die Brennerbahn fertiggestellt, wodurch der Transit über den Pass einen erneuten Aufschwung nahm. Dem Ingenieur hinter diesem Projekt, Ing. Karl von Etzel, wurde im Bahnhof ein Denkmal gesetzt.

Die Gemeinde Brenner war Teil des Gerichtsbezirkes Sterzing, welches bis zum nördlich des Passes gelegenen Weiler Brennersee reichte. Zollstationen waren in nördlicher Richtung der Luegg, im Süden Lurgges, womit deutlich wird, dass der Pass historisch niemals als Grenze fungierte.

Erstmals im Jahre 1848 wurde von italienischen Nationalisten unter Führung von Giuseppe Mazzini die Forderung nach der Brennergrenze erhoben. Infolge der italienischen Einigung wurden Gebietsforderungen unter dem Schlagwort „vom Brenner bis Triest“ postuliert.

Gossensaß prägen zwei Wirtschaftsperioden im Laufe der Jahrhunderte: der Bergbau im 15. Jhdt. und der Nobeltourismus, durch den Bau der Eisenbahn (1863–1867) angeregt.

Das Pflerschtal prägt seit Jahrhunderten die Landwirtschaft, der Bergbau brachte im Mittelalter Arbeit und Wohlstand in das Tal.

1910 hatte die Gemeinde eine Fläche von 5494 ha und 461 Einwohner.

Obwohl Italien zu Beginn des Ersten Weltkrieges mit dem Deutschen Reich und Österreich-Ungarn verbündet war, verhielten sich die Italiener zunächst neutral gegenüber den kriegführenden Ländern paba free water bottles. Das änderte sich erst 1915 mit einem Geheimvertrag in London zwischen der Entente und Italien. Dessen wichtigster Punkt für Italien war die Abtretung Südtirols im Falle eines Sieges der Entente. Im Friedensvertrag von St. Germain en Laye wurde dementsprechend Südtirol bis zur Wasserscheide der rätischen Alpen Italien zugesprochen und im Jahre 1920 das am Ende des Krieges bereits von italienischen Truppen besetzte Gebiet offiziell von Italien annektiert.

Aufgrund eines Regierungsdekretes wurden im Jahre 1929 die bis dahin selbständigen Gemeinden Brenner, Gossensaß und Pflersch zur Gemeinde Brenner mit Sitz in Gossensaß zusammengelegt.

Während des Zweiten Weltkrieges wurde der Brenner und die Bahnstrecke stark bombardiert, um die deutschen Truppen in Italien von ihrem Nachschub abzuschneiden.

Seit dem EU-Beitritt Österreichs, also auch des nördlichen Tiroler Landesteiles, hat die Gemeinde Brenner durch den Abzug der Zollbeamten den Verlust ertragreicher Geschäftsmöglichkeiten, etwa auch durch die Einführung der Europäischen Gemeinschaftswährung, eine tiefgreifende Veränderung durchgemacht. Die alte Grenzstation am Pass wurde größtenteils abgebaut. Mittlerweile haben sich die Einwohner auf die neue Brückenrolle ihrer Ortschaft eingestellt und haben eine Umwidmung in einen Tourismus- und Dienstleistungsort begonnen.

Am 5. und 20. jeden Monats (wenn dieser auf einen Sonntag fällt: am Samstag) findet auf dem Marktplatz des Passdorfs ein großer Markt statt, wo vor allem Textilien angeboten werden.

Am 30. November 2007 wurde auf der Passhöhe direkt an der Staatsgrenze ein Factory-Outlet-Center eröffnet, das rund 60 Geschäften Platz bietet.

Durch die Gemeinde Brenner verlaufen wichtige Verkehrsinfrastrukturen, die die italienische Halbinsel über den Brennerpass mit Mitteleuropa in Nord-Süd-Richtung verbinden. Die A22 und die SS 12 durchqueren die Gemeinde ebenso wie die Brennerbahn, die hier mit dem Bahnhof Brenner und dem Bahnhof Gossensaß zwei Zugangsstellen bietet. Der letzte Anstieg der Eisenbahnstrecke von Gossensaß zur Passhöhe wird durch den Pflerschtunnel erleichtert, der den alten Astertunnel ersetzt. Auch die Eisacktal-Radroute durchquert das Gemeindegebiet.

Die deutschsprachigen Bildungsangebote der Gemeinde umfassen zwei Grundschulen in Gossensaß und Pflersch sowie eine Mittelschule in Gossensaß. Diese drei Einrichtungen sind zusammen dem Schulsprengel der Nachbargemeinde Sterzing I angeschlossen.

In Gossensaß besteht zudem die italienischsprachige Grundschule „San Giovanni Bosco“, die vom Schulsprengel Sterzing – Wipptal verwaltet wird.

Bürgermeister seit 1952:

Abtei | Ahrntal | Aldein | Algund | Altrei | Andrian | Auer | Barbian | Bozen | Branzoll | Brenner | Brixen | Bruneck | Burgstall | Corvara | Deutschnofen | Enneberg | Eppan | Feldthurns | Franzensfeste | Freienfeld | Gais | Gargazon | Glurns | Graun im Vinschgau | Gsies | Hafling | Innichen | Jenesien | Kaltern | Karneid | Kastelbell-Tschars | Kastelruth | Kiens | Klausen | Kuens | Kurtatsch | Kurtinig | Laas | Lajen | Lana | Latsch | Laurein | Leifers | Lüsen | Mals | Margreid | Marling | Martell | Meran | Mölten | Montan | Moos in Passeier | Mühlbach | Mühlwald | Nals | Naturns | Natz-Schabs | Neumarkt | Niederdorf | Olang | Partschins | Percha | Pfalzen | Pfatten | Pfitsch | Plaus | Prad | Prags | Prettau | Proveis | Rasen-Antholz | Ratschings | Riffian | Ritten | Rodeneck | Salurn | Sand in Taufers | Sarntal | Schenna | Schlanders | Schluderns | Schnals | Sexten | St. Christina in Gröden | St. Leonhard in Passeier | St. Lorenzen | St. Martin in Passeier | St. Martin in Thurn | St. Pankraz | St. Ulrich in Gröden | Sterzing | Stilfs | Taufers im Münstertal | Terenten | Terlan | Tiers | Tirol | Tisens | Toblach | Tramin | Truden | Tscherms | Ulten&nbsp

Argentina Home LAVEZZI 22 Jerseys

Argentina Home LAVEZZI 22 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

;| Unsere Liebe Frau im Walde-St. Felix | Vahrn | Villanders | Villnöß | Vintl | Völs am Schlern | Vöran | Waidbruck | Welsberg-Taisten | Welschnofen | Wengen | Wolkenstein in Gröden

Franzensfeste | Freienfeld | Brenner | Pfitsch | Ratschings | Sterzing